Saturday 10 March 2007

Wednesday 7th March

I wake up early and set about sorting out music. I manage to get iPod and iBook hooked up to the speaker system and its good to get some music going. I spend some time cleaning and dusting the house [in my bare feet - bad move] then I take a wander down town. About 5 minutes down the road a motodup guy offers me a ride and we negotiate 3000 Riel for the trip. He drops me off in the market What I need at this point in time is a hat and some sun block which I manage to find, then I wander down to the Little Garden Bar for some breakfast. Mr Thy turns up at the house in the afternoon and we chat about stuff. Mr Thy is the director of the Chumkriel Language School (http://www.chumkriellanguageschool.com) Mr Neil's trees are apparently suffering due to lack of rain so we arrange to meet the next day to buy a water pump and take it out there.

I pop next door for a beer before going to bed. It's someone's birthday and Hugh sets off some fireworks across the river. When he tries to set off four at the same time one fails to launch and explodes on the platform. Hugh is almost blown into the river but seems nonplussed.

No comments: