Tuesday 13 March 2007

Sunday 11th March

Yesterday I went shopping for essentials (mosquito coils, more sun cream, shirts and trousers and pyjamas). I also met the guys at the LGB and we discuss the future of the school, and I pick up the keys for the office. It seems the school is potentially in financial trouble and I will write more on this once I have analyzed the situation. The kind donation from SS in London and the money I have left over from the leaving gift that my work colleagues gave me will pay the teachers salaries for the next month at least. Here is a picture of the office:



The plan is to rename it Kampot Interactive. Mr Thy and I have a meeting tommorow to discuss further possibilities.

The office is on the river front near the main bridge. Here are some views up and down the street and across the river:





Today was a lazy day, and for the first time I got a really good sleep and woke up at 3pm. I cycle to town and catch up on emails at one of the internet cafes that have wireless access. So glad I took my iBook. The internet cafe is well set up and the connection is fairly good. It looks like it may be good enough for Skype conversation, but I don't have my iSight or headphones with me so I can't try it out.

I catch up with Jos next door in the evening and she gives me the minutes of the latest Kampot Childrens Fund meeting as well a proposal for Kampot Interactive and a position paper on the Chumkriel Language School.

No comments: