Saturday 10 March 2007

Thursday 8th March

It rained heavily this morning, so the trees are not such a big emergency. I find out why it was a bad idea to wander around in bare feet - my feet have been eaten to bits by insects.

My Thy turns up as arranged and go into town to buy the pump. We stop by the office and discuss plans for the volunteer centre there. He has an English class during lunch so he lends me his brothers push bike and we arrange to meet later. I get the keys for the moped. It's a Honda Dream 125 and one of the staff from next door shows me how to work it. I ride it up and down the drive and eventually land in the ditch. I'm not yet ready to take it out on the open road, but Mr Neil's push bike has a flat tyre. When Mr Thy returns, he takes the bike to a small repair shop on the way into town. They fix it for a dollar and I am now fully mobile. Tomorrow we are going to take petrol out to Mr Neil's land.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Honey I'm just not sure I needed to see those feet!