Sunday 20 May 2007

Wednesday 16th May

Yesterday Thy and I did some home visits with the Scholarship Class. It was good to show some of their parents how their child is progressing. I interviewed each child briefly so there parents could see them demonstrate their understanding of English

We got some excellent feedback including that the children would like more homework, but that very few of them have dictionaries. We think it would be difficult to set reading exercises as homework without a dictionary.

So I'm going to put a flier together asking visitors passing through Kampot to buy a English-Khmer dictionary for a child. The cost is $2 each and already my neighbour has offered to purchase one for every one purchased by his guests. So hopefully before long we can get a dictionary to every child who needs one.

Here are some photos from the home visits.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Hi Sandy,
Its Head - happy to see what you do on a day to day basis. It makes me glad. You do good mate, good indeed.

Anyway, on to business. My email is david.brownlee@virgin.net, if you want to get in touch - But it looks like too much fun to be getting in touch with lots of folk - apart from the heat, and the flies.

Whaich was just like the last game of the seaason - Hibs v Celtic, very cool indeed, as we won 2-1. Sunshine on Leith indeed. I have neve been to a match before where both sets of fans cheered at a goal - when Scott Brown Scored for Hibs - because Scott is off to Celtic, and it makes us all richer by £5million. Which enables, wait for it, Hibs to build a big stadium in Ormiston, believe it or not, by the start of next seasonm, they will have a 10 yes TEN pitch training ground 300 yards from wher I live. Wierd but true.

james is very happy....

PS your godson is 5 this weekend.. He likes Spiderman, and dinosaurs. But most of all he likes HUGS.

I love you.

David Head

Anonymous said...

Honey, this is amazing - are they speaking with your dodgy accent yet? W xx